At Cognitive Health Digest, our goal is to provide you with reliable, compassionate, and actionable health and wellness information to support you in making informed choices about your well-being. In order to assist you in making informed purchasing decisions, we have implemented a thorough vetting process for the products we endorse.
To begin our product recommendation and review process, we conduct market research and consult with medical professionals and industry experts.
How We Make Money
Although we do earn an affiliate commission on certain products purchased through our content, we select our recommendations based on performance, test results, and hands-on experience.
How We Find the Best Deals
It’s hard to know what’s a good deal these days, so we look all over the internet to find the best deals and let you know when popular brands have their big sales. We also keep an eye on shopping trends and let you know where to buy products that can help you take care of your health and wellness, like supplements and more.
Our team writes about new products and sales, and we try them out ourselves to make sure they actually work. We test them out and write about our experiences from getting them delivered to using them for a whole year.
Medical Expert Board and Fact Checking
Our articles undergo a rigorous process to ensure accuracy and safety before publication. Our Medical Expert Board reviews each article to vet our recommendations for health and medical accuracy. Our team of qualified fact-checkers then thoroughly scrutinizes the articles for accuracy, relevance, and timeliness.
We rely on reputable primary references such as peer-reviewed medical journals, government organizations, academic institutions, and advocacy associations to ensure the integrity of our content. You can find more information about these programs on our website.
Our vetting process
Our reviewing process for each product or brand is rigorous and follows a standardized scoring system. The following factors are taken into consideration:
- Does the current body of scientific evidence support any health or medical claims made by the product or brand?
- Does the company promote a healthy approach to well-being without reinforcing stereotypes, stigmas, or unhealthy goals and aspirations?
- Does the brand adhere to industry best practices and lead in their business practices?
- Are there any third-party certifications that validate the product’s claims?
- Has the company received any warning letters from regulatory bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration or Federal Trade Commission? If yes, has the issue been resolved?
- Are there any pending or previous lawsuits or class-action lawsuits related to fair employment practices or marketing practices?
- Does the product follow current labeling guidelines and provide an ingredient list?
- Are there any potential risks associated with the product’s ingredients or composition such as drug interactions, allergic reactions, or harm?
We conduct regular re-evaluations of our partner brands to ensure they consistently meet our stringent standards.
Given the constantly evolving nature of the healthcare industry, it’s important to recognize that all products, including those we evaluate and endorse, may be susceptible to recalls or updated usage guidelines. As a result, we encourage you to stay informed of any official notifications from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) regarding the products you buy. Additionally, we suggest that you register your purchases with the manufacturer so that you can receive notifications in the event of a recall.
If you have questions, comments, or opinions you’d like to share with our team of editors, please feel free to email us at [email protected]